I’m working with EEG based Brain-Computer Interfaces (BCI). The idea is to use cloud computing to make BCI systems faster and make them user-independent, meaning that it should be fast and easy for new BCI system users to start using the BCI.
I’m currently looking into the calibration part of a BCI-system and studying how that can be done more efficiently. I presented a poster at the BCI meeting. Here is a video where I summarize the poster content, and here is an abstract. I’m also supervising a master’s thesis working toward real-time BCI systems.
I have collected EEG data with a portable SMARTINGmobi and Muse S EEG system and used the MNE-python toolbox to process it. I use Python for everything: stimuli programs, data processing, and data analysis. For all machine learning related stuff, I use scikit-learn and TensorFlow.
The WASP program funds my Ph.D. studies.
Master’s theses projects suggestions
Are you interested in doing a Master’s thesis project with me? You can find suggestions from my colleagues and me in the document below.
- Heskebeck, Frida. (2019). Towards autonomous antibody purification. Master’s Thesis. Department of Chemical Engineering, Lund University.
- I was awarded a Scholarship from the Karl-Erik Sahlberg foundation for my outstanding Master’s thesis.
Master’s theses I have (co-)supervised
- Wilroth, Johanna. (2020). Domain Adaptation for Attention Steering. Master’s Thesis. Department of Automatic Control, Lund University.
- Johanna was awarded with LTH’s jubilee scholarchip for her excellent master’s thesis!
- Andersen, Tom. (now) (preliminary title) Towards Real-time BCI