There are so many things I want to do. I want to do research and take all the exciting courses. But last week, I realized that it is just not possible to do that.
The following list contains some of the things that I want to do during the first half of 2021. The bold parts are some of the things that I have decided to do.
- Supervise Master’s thesis
- Take a WASP course
- Take a course in Teaching for Higher Education
- Do research
- Take a course in Cloud computing
- Take a course in Introduction to BCI
- Do teaching
- Follow a course in Adaptive control
- Follow a course in Robust control
- Follow a course in Convex Large scale optimization
- Self-studies of a course in Transformations
- Spring school for BCI
- Self-studies of course in Mathematics for Machine Learning
It is not important what I have chosen to do and what I have not. The important thing is that I come to the realization that I can’t do everything! One of my supervisors gave me the advice to make a brief yearly schedule to get an overview of my plans. Doing that, I realized that my plan is impossible. I have to remove something.
Now, when I have removed quite a lot, I don’t have this constant pressure looming over me. And I’m pretty sure that is a good thing. Go Me!